Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Inappropriate humor for the younger set

It's bed time and the kids are cycling through the shower. Dillon is on the couch beside me reading and playing with my hair (he's trying to win the Most Adored Child Award) and Caleb is in his room getting on jammies and cleaning up. As I sit on the sofa reading my book, I hear Talia, fresh from the shower, go pounding through the hall and up the steps all the while chanting, "I'm done! I'm done! I'm done!" etc, etc. And lo, a shout from Caleb floats out, "mummble mummble mummble Vagina!" The vague words sink through my immersion in imaginary world, my brow wrinkles and my head pops up. I turn towards Dillon, my ever mature 10 year old, and say, "Did he just say vagina?" Well, maybe that mature thing is a bit premature because then he collapses with laugher, so overcome he can barely speak. And really, who can blame him because he is 10 and the word vagina has now been uttered twice. But he tops it off with "...*giggle* He said *chuckle snort* her towel *snort wheeze* smells like vagina!!" Sigh....note to self- next time don't verify these sorts of things with the 10 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment